Viral video: News anchor suffers partial stroke on live TV

Viral video, News anchor, beginning of a stroke, live TV broadcast

An Oklahoma TV news anchor had the ‘beginnings of a stroke’ during a live TV broadcast as she appeared to struggle to speak.

The journalist was delivering the news about an event marking the attempted launch of NASA’s Artemis I rocket.

In a video of the newscast shared online, Julie Chin – a news anchor with NBC affiliate KJRH of Tulsa – appeared to stumble over her words as she read from a teleprompter during live TV broadcast.

Despite trying to finish her report, Chin stumbled over her words and then said: “‘I’m sorry, something is going on with me this morning and I apologize to everybody.”

She then passed the live broadcast over to the weather forecaster. The news anchor was later shifted to hospital for medical treatment. Chin revealed in a lengthy Facebook that her doctors believe she had the beginnings of a stroke, but not a full one.

“First, I lost partial vision in one eye. A little bit later my hand and arm went numb. Then, I knew I was in big trouble when my mouth would not speak the words that were right in front of me on the teleprompter,” she wrote.

“My co-workers recognized the emergency situation unfolding and called 911,” Chin said in her post. She further wrote, “At this point, doctors think I had the beginnings of a stroke, but not a full stroke.”

The video was shared on Twitter by Mike Sington, a senior executive of NBC. In a follow-up tweet, Sington shared an update regarding Julie Chin’s health. “Julie Chin has posted this photo from the hospital where she’s recovering from a stroke. She’s doing well, and expects to be back at work soon.



from ARY NEWS https://ift.tt/CYaUKIt
Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.